Featured book on Jail

Vartika Nanda Travelogue: Bhopal to Bhimbetka: 20 April, 2024

Dec 30, 2021

Batch of 2024

 

Month: December, 2021

Department of Journalism, Lady Shri Ram College for Women, University of Delhi

 

On the first day of new batch for the academic session 2021-24, faculty and student union talked about why students choose “Journalism” as their major for graduation. An introductory session in which students and teachers got to know each other very well, took place. There was also a discussion about importance and significance of Journalism and ethics in today's modern and contemporary times. The class was made clear about the syllabus of paper - Introduction to Journalism (UNIT 1-Understanding News, UNIT 2-Different forms of print-A historical Perspective, UNIT 3-Understanding the structure and construction of news, UNIT 4-Different mediums-a comparison, UNIT 5-Role of Media in a democracy). Three class representatives were chosen from the class- Namrata Verma, Anusha Malhotra and Disha Manoj Kumar to ensure better coordination and communication between the faculty and students.

In the following week a detailed discussion about news, it's definition, importance along with the topics like hard news vs soft news and relevance of media in current times took place. Following the regular syllabus, various discussions and interactions also took place for the importance of research work by two of the seniors. Methods of presenting ideas, thoughts and presentations in the class, the key components being the accuracy, precision, comprehension and innovation. Students, by doing their own research, talked about various ingredients of news through an impactful presentation using examples and illustrations. Teacher and the seniors also discussed the outline and framework of working in teams and the importance of participation of the whole class in various activities throughout the academic session.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

The Journalism department of the college is one of the best in the country. I expect to gain a lot of experience and exposure from my course in the next 3 years. Especially to improve my communication skills. For 2022 New Year, I have made a resolution to make the best use of this time in doing productive, important work. I have resolved to be punctual, determined, hard working and most importantly, positive.

Unknown said...

My expectations from the journalism course at LSR revolve around intellectual development and polishing of my writing and communication skills. I also hope to hone my listening skills, teamwork, and work deadlines better. It is a dramatically progressing field, which is the most fascinating part about studying journalism. Can't wait to attend college in person!!

Unknown said...

My new year resolutions would be that I would be more engaging in studying as well as in social life.

The second is I would be working more hard and try to make best use of my time.

The third is I would try to be more progressive in life and would ensure that I complete my Targeted task everyday.

Unknown said...

It makes my heart burst out of joy and satisfaction realising that I got admission in Lady Shri Ram College. I am blessed to be a part of journalism department 24. I hope that the course will groom my personality and provide a platform to explore the world. I believe that upcomming 3 years at LSR will bring the best of me.

Unknown said...

My new year resolution is to read more and learn time management!

ASHMI JAIN said...

The year 2021 is coming to an end... as the year 2022 is approaching, my resolution is to work so hard in order to become an asset to my teachers and to my college.

Namrata Verma said...

Being here at LSR was a dream itself, above that choosing Journalism was my priority because of my inclination towards public speaking and writing. My new year resolution is to keep a positive approach towards learning and exploring new things.

Komal Rao said...

We all live like family.My batchmate helps me a lot.making presentation increase my knowledge and confidence.Nice person,nice batchmate with nice teacher makes college life easier and nice.

Unknown said...

My resolution is that I will stop procrastinating and focus more on doing as much as I can in the time I have. I also would give my fullest in everything I do.

Komal Rao said...

My commitment for 2022 is to be honest with your work and make yourself self made and independent person. We live in a family of 32 people with our teacher this make my college life more easier and enjoyable when they helps me a lot and guiding always about my work.
(Komal)

Ananya Sharma said...

My new year resolution would be to push myself out of my comfort zone and develop a new hobby for better stress management.

Bhopathi Hema said...

Resolution -To overcome my laziness. Be clear on both my academic and social life.

Taniya said...

As we are about to enter 2022, I want it to be amazing for all of us. No more procastination, self doubt. No more embarrasment on making mistakes but on not learning from them. I would like to be more organised and let go off things that are holding me back. Work harder this time and be a better version of myself

Amani Fathima said...

My new year resolution will be learn something new each day . Make all the days productive as much as possible. Be More Conscientious.And bring more peace into my life . Also will be kind to myself.

Anonymous said...

My new year resolution is that I'll try to raise my self esteem up and boost my self confidence so that some day I don't have insecurities.

Pavani Chandhok said...

Be grateful to every one.