Featured book on Jail

Teachers' Day, 2026

Sep 5, 2026

Teachers' Day, 2026

This Teachers’ Day was truly special and deeply meaningful. The morning began at the Aanganwadi Hub in Burari, where I had the opportunity to witness inspiring initiatives dedicated to the welfare of women and children. My sincere thanks to Dr. Rashmi Singh, IAS, for making this enriching experience possible.


Later, I visited the Place of Safety at Majnu Ka Teela with Dr. Singh, where I interacted with young offenders in the presence of Justice Madan B. Lokur and Ms. Puneeta Roy. The conversations were eye-opening and offered valuable insights into the possibilities of rehabilitation, hope, and transformation. A particularly memorable moment was the opportunity to present my book, J Se Jail, to Justice Lokur, whose longstanding commitment to justice and human rights has been a source of inspiration.


Adding to the joy of the day was seeing a photograph of mine featured in The Times of India alongside my former student, Sanjana Sanghi, now an accomplished Bollywood actor. The photograph appeared as part of the newspaper’s special Teachers’ Day feature, making the recognition especially meaningful.


The day also marked another significant milestone: the completion of 20 years of my blog, Professor Vartika Nanda (www.vartikananda.blogspot.com), a platform that has chronicled my academic, social, and creative journey over the past two decades.


As I reflect on the day, I feel grateful for the opportunities to learn, connect, and contribute. I wish every Teachers’ Day, and indeed every day, could be filled with such purpose, inspiration, meaningful encounters, and reasons to celebrate.

No comments: